What Makes A Memorable High Tea
Before my kids came along I used to love going out for high teas. It always felt a bit indulgent and I enjoyed the bite-size variety of the yummy treats while I sipped a tea in fine china. Or for the really fancy ones a lovely champagne.
I have even hosted my own high tea at home and these are the key ingredients I have found that make a memorable high tea.
- Quality tea – this one should go without saying but a good mix of loose-leaf tea is essential. Aim for a few traditional teas like English Breakfast as well as a couple of varieties of herbal teas.
- Some pretty decorations – to make it feel a bit special some flowers in a vase are always a nice touch
- Cute teapots and silverware – this is part of the fun of a high tea. Using the good china that you would not dare bring out around the kids.
- Dress up – it is a great excuse to wear a pretty dress and break away from the activewear. At least for a few hours.
- Music – to create the right ambience for the room so nice background music is essential. Nothing too much that will interfere with you chatting with your girlfriends, but enough
- Prepare in advance – if you are hosting your own high tea, the great thing about it is most of the food can be prepared in advance before guests arrive. So aim to have as much done beforehand as you can so that you can sit down and enjoy the time with your friends.
Being pregnant right now and with three kiddies in tow, hosting my own high tea party feels a little bit too ambitious. But I am so looking forward to heading to the High Tea Party at the Hilton coming up in March.
More than just your typical high tea
I love that the purpose of the event is to make sure everyone is happy and feels joyous during their time there. Alison Dean, the CEO of The High Tea Party ensures you are made to feel as special as you deserve for all the hard work we put in as mums on a daily basis.
This decadent high tea in the exquisite Grand Ballroom is so much more than jam and scones. It is an event where you and your girlfriends can come together, indulge for the day and have a great time. It is your chance to forget all of the day to day grind that is never-ending, even if just for a few hours.
It goes without saying that you will indulge in cakes, sandwiches and an assortment of amazing teas. Champagne and cocktails will be flowing as well.
But what makes this more than just your typical high tea, is what else is on offer.
- Spend some time checking out the fashion show
- Pick up some tips from the styling seminar
- Visit the unique pampering and fashion zones
- Enjoy sparkling wine on arrival
- Oh and did we mention gifts to take home as well!
So grab your girlfriends, put hubby, your parents or a babysitter on kid minding duties and choose your high tea sitting.
The event takes place at the Hilton Brisbane on Saturday 17th March to Sunday 18th March 2018.
Sittings are available at 10.30am, 12.30pm, 2.30pm and 4.30pm. If you think you need a little more indulgence (who doesn’t?) book the VIP Dining Experience at 11am and 2pm
Special offer for Mums of Brisbane
How cool is this? Alison let us know that her and the team would love to offer the Mums of Brisbane a special ticket deal of 50% off the ticketed price if you use the code BUZZ. So tickets will be just $60 (plus $2.50 booking fee). Tickets are available now at http://thehighteaparty.com.au/